Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Cupcake Apology to Vegans

Today is a day where I put pride behind me and apologize to the vegans of the world. I take back all those words about you not knowing what tasted good and telling you that you thought everything was good, because you were just starving. What brought about this change you might ask? It's all due to a lady (Shirleen) at my work bringing in vegan chocolate chip cupcakes. I was starving and went into the kitchen at lunch today and realized my Dave's Bread had been tossed out by the Food Mold Police. I eyed the cupcakes and thought about shoving it down my throat in an effort to fend off starvation. I took one bite and was so happy that I cried... it was marvelous. I begged Shirleen for the recipe for my readers, so here is Shirleen's Vegan Cupcake Recipe:

Sift together:
3 cups flour (you can substitute sifted cocoa instead)
2 cups sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Mix:
1 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups of cold water

Whisk in:
Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients.
Whisk together until smooth.
Divide among pans or cupcake holders.

Sprinkle with 1 ½ cups chocolate chips.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes (Cupcakes may take less time depending upon their size.)

Makes three 9” layers, two layers and one dozen cupcakes, or three dozen cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. I hope my sis will be making us cupcakes....yummy...luv ya

    ReplyDelete