Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sun Drops and Oregon Kisses From Sahagun Chocolate Shop

I woke up this morning with the awfullest of awful feelings: there was no chocolate in the house! Lucky for me, however, I live but three blocks from Sahagun Chocolate Shop.

In honor of the glorious sunshine, I bought a Sun Drop--a dollop of sweet nutty sunflower butter enclosed in a bittersweet chocolate shell. These are a brand-new Sahagun creation, and have only been in the store since Thursday!

I could not leave without a Luscious Caramel, my favorite caramel in the city, a peerless composition of deep rich slightly burnt and buttery caramel touched with just the right amount of savory fleur de sel, surrounded by a crisp crust of bittersweet chocolate

And since every girl can use more kisses, I asked for an Oregon Kiss--an exquisite bite-sized marriage of Oregon hazelnuts and Valrhona milk chocolate swirled in a tiny chocolate cup.

It was a short walk from chocolate rags to chocolate riches this morning. Thanks to Sahagun's lusciousness, sun drops, and Oregon kisses, I am now the happiest girl in Portland.

-Jen

Sahagun Chocolate Shop  *  www.sahagunchocolates.com * 10 NW 16th Ave., Portland, OR 97209 * Mon-Sat 10am - 6pm * sublime chocolates, tempting hot chocolate and coffee drinks

No comments:

Post a Comment