Friday, April 3, 2009

Always in the Mood For Whimsical Food

Yesterday I stopped by the Little Green Grocer in the Pearl District for a sandwich and a spot of chocolate, and sure enough I found both of those items, but I also found these:


I was entranced. I love paintings of happy food. I'm weird like that, I guess.






It turns out that these beautiful paintings are by artist Bishop Lennon, whose work can be seen HERE. Bishop chose to paint these "iconic pairings" as part of her You & Me 2009 Valentines series.

Her work is on exhibit at the Little Green Grocer, and can also be found locally at:

Spoiled Rotten
getspoiledrotten.com
1626 S.E. Bybee Blvd.
Portland, OR 97202
503-234-7250

Black Wagon
blackwagon.com
3964 N. Mississippi Ave.
Portland, OR 97227
866-916-0004

I must confess, I ordered the cake and ice cream print, and the bread and butter:


And the bacon and egg.


I have my eye on the strawberries and cream.


Peas and carrots...for me personally, this one conjures up bad childhood memories of sitting at the table for hours trying to make my peas and carrots disappear with my mind so I could get up and go play Yahtzee with Michelle, who'd long ago fed hers to the family kitchen goat when Mom wasn't looking. I wasn't that smart. But maybe you love peas and carrots.

Thanks for indulging my happy food fetish. Perhaps you share it. If so, visit Bishop's site and check out her deviled egg and Twinkies are Forever paintings.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment