Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Downtown Farmer's Market Starts Today!!


Driving past the South Park Blocks this morning on my way to work, I noticed the intrepid, red-jacketed, and seemingly-waterproof Portland Farmer's Market crew setting up booths. I was confused, because try as I might this morning to convince myself that it was Saturday and I didn't have to get up and go to work, the Blackberry told another story. Then it hit me--Wednesday Farmer's Market starts TODAY at its central downtown location in the South Park Blocks between SW Salmon and Main!

From 10 am to 2 pm, you can browse a small but perfectly bountiful selection of the Market's best and freshest vendors, and you can get a Salvador Molly's Yucatan Chicken tamale fix for lunch today.

The beginning of downtown Farmer's Market always makes me think that summer is nearer than it probably is, but a tiny dose of delusion wouldn't hurt my rain-soaked psyche right now. Hope to see you at the downtown market TODAY!

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment