Saturday, March 22, 2008

C Bar - Great Bar Food & Service

So my friends asked me to meet them at the C Bar last Friday and I had never heard of it, but I love to try new places. I quickly goggled the C Bar before I left work and was totally surprised about sooooo many negative service reviews, but I am a firm believer in trying out a place regardless if others hate it. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about it, but as I arrived I thought it looked like a real cute place from the outside (thought it is a little hard to find their front door) and then when I got in I thought it was even better. It is very trendy, modern, and inviting inside. I sat down at the bar with two of my friends and ordered a blueberry cocktail that was excellent... whole blueberries, vodka, and soda.

We then decided that we would grab a booth and order dinner. The adorable bartender came out and we questioned him about all his favorites before deciding on the chevre salad and pesto pizza. The salad was smothered with an amazing chevre, sundried tomatoes, and a house made vinaigrette and it was wonderful. The pizza was thin and crispy and the pesto was laden with garlic and basil and had artichoke hearts and tomoatoes on top- I was so pleasantly surprised. I would definitely go back there for pizza and as some of you know I am a pizza snob. The bar was starting to get busy and we stayed for a few more hours drinking their lovely cocktails and talking before building up the appetite for a third course... NACHOS. They totally hit the spot as we plowed through the piles of tortilla chips, olives, avocado, cheese, spiced beans, salsa, jalapenos and sour cream.

After the nachos were polished off, a friend of mine wanted chocolate for dessert and we asked the bartender if he had any chocolate desserts. He told us he didn't and then 5 minutes later he came back with Japanese fried chocolate ice cream from the sushi place next store. He went and got it... How is that for service? It was great!

So, I am glad I went and didn't listen to all of the negative reviews. It was a great night, with great service, great company, and great food.

-M

C Bar * 2880 SE Gladstone St * (503) 230-8808 * Sun-Thu 5:30pm--12am, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-2am * No reservations * Isolated Smoking Room

No comments:

Post a Comment