Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ole Ole- Come Come Michelle

I was driving home from work on Thursday night around 7 pm, contemplating what I was going to make for dinner. I decided to go up Burnside, so I could stop at the Wild Oats and grab something. The rain started to downpour and who feels like cooking in those conditions? And then I saw it, something staring right at me, a sign saying Ole Ole and since I don't know Spanish I thought it said Come Come Michelle Out of the Rain and Have Fresh Mexican Food- I instantly pulled into the parking lot and ran in.

The place is very casual with a few tables and the night seemed slow. I stepped up to the counter and placed my order for three carnitas and an avocado salad and handed over my $9. I sat down and texted Sis that I was incredibly busy at work and might not be able to blog tonight... she replied a not so nice sentiment and I felt content as my carnitas arrived. The homemade corn tortillas were covered with mounds of shiny shredded pork, diced tomatoes and onions, and just a hint of cilantro. They were perfection... the pork so tender and seasoned and then I added an avocado from my salad to give it a more creamy texture and I was in heaven. The salad was gigantic and had tons of ripe avocado and was seasoned only with lemon and salt, which gave it a nice fresh flavor and brought out the avocado flavor.

By the time I was finished the place was getting packed... I guess other people held my views that you shouldn't cook in rainy conditions and then had seen the Ole Ole beckoning them to come in and eat great, fresh Mexican food.

-M

Ole Ole * (503) 230-1132 * 2137 E Burnside St * no reservations * Daily 10am to 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment