Friday, March 20, 2009

SPRING IS HERE, AND SO IS FARMER'S MARKET!!


This First Day of Spring feels a lot like Christmas Eve to me. Farmer's Market opens tomorrow morning, and I can't wait! I'm so excited, in fact, that I was inspired to write a little poem.

Twas the night before the first Farmer's Market of 2009,
And nobody was stirring because they'd drunk too much wine.
The shopping baskets were hung on the front doorknob with care,
In hopes that the first vegetables of Spring would soon be in there.

Michelle and Jen were passed out snug in their beds,
While visions of little red radishes and crisp green stalks of asparagus danced in their heads.
So tomorrow Michelle will wear her kerchief, and I'll wear my cap,
And we'll buy loads of beautiful just picked Oregon vegetables, Dave's killer bread, Freddy Guys hazelnuts, and a Blue Magnolia gingersnap!

Thank you, thank you. I've had a lot of chocolate today.

Yes, Michelle and I are pretty ecstatic about Portland Farmer's Market opening TOMORROW MORNING AT 8:30 at PSU in the South Park Blocks. Special Correspondent April and I will be getting up bright and early for a Bridge Run, and then heading straight to the market to be there for the 8:30 am bell. We anticipate that Michelle will join us around 4 pm, I mean, 9 am, and then let the shopping begin! I am crossing my fingers that we will find baskets piled high with green garlic, I've missed it so.

We hope to see you there! And remember to leave your beloved Admiral Toot the Puggle at home, because the PSU market has been newly designated a canine-free zone.

"WHAT?" you gasp. "No Admiral Toot at the Market! But Admiral Toot LOVES going to the market! He looks forward to it all week! The very idea! What an outrage!" But, as the PFM announcement said, "The market has received repeated complaints from vendors and shoppers about dogs crowding the marketplace, relieving themselves, taking food, and potentially injuring customers. One patron had to be taken to the hospital after becoming tangled in a dog's leash."

This reminds me of the time Michelle stepped in doody last fall, which was very funny. To me, at least.

Anyhow, see you at the Market TOMORROW!!

1 comment:

  1. awesome I have neever been to the Portland farmers market yet!!! thanks for the info!!!!!

    ReplyDelete